Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

My Father HEARS me...


As I sit on a plane hundreds of miles above the U.S. I am reminded of how BIG my God is. I always have those little butterflies before I fly, however I am so lucky that I have a God that hears my prayers. All it takes is a few small words to let him know my fears and instantly I feel the comfort of His presence. I think sometimes I forget how close He is. He is only a prayer away.
Prayer is a big focus for me this year and He has lead me in this direction for a reason. I started my Bible plan this year in Psalm's, and immediately He showed me why Psalm's and why now. It is almost like the words He wanted me to focus on appeared bolded on the page. HEAR! My Heavenly Father wants me (little insignificant me) to know that He hears me... I have always know that He listens, or did I? I think it is one of those things that you know but you never think much about.  He wants me to know it is so much more. It only makes sense....... If He is asking me to make prayer a priority (praying over people, praying with others, laying hands on people, lifting my arms in the air when I pray) then He wants me to know that He is listening. I mean really listening! In Psalms alone He has shown me over 15 verses that clearly tell me 'He hears me'. WOW!
What I am learning more and more is that not only does He hear my words, more importantly He hears my heart. As I have been more diligent in praying I sometimes feel like I run out of words or I can't pray as eloquently as others. This is satan's attempt to hinder my prayer life. God is showing me the TRUTH - that words are not the only thing that matter and that my heart is full of things that I can not even express in words. It is so much more than the actual words. My heart is so much deeper than any words I can actually form and express verbally. I am so grateful that I can have a conversation with my Father either with words or just the yearning of my heart. I can pray in the privacy of my home, on a plane, in the streets of bentonville, individually, or with the greatest group of prayer warriors I know - yet the bottom line is no matter where I am or who I am with my Father HEARS me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com